Overview of the Exchange Program
- It is a program that allows students to study at a foreign sister university for a certain period of time (6 months to 1 year) and be eligible for academic credit at INU.
- This program allows students to develop their academic skills and broaden their perspectives of international society through exposure to foreign academic disciplines and cultures.
Benefits of the Exchange Program
- Experience diverse and broad academic perspectives by studying at a leading foreign university
- Earn credits without taking a leave of absence while studying abroad and practicing a foreign language
- Immerse in a foreign culture and customs
Recognition of Credits
The two universities will conduct student exchanges at 4-year universities or equivalent curricula, mutually recognize the credits earned, and provide transcripts and certificates of credit.
Exchange student admission numbers and schedule
|When to dispatch
|When to apply and recruit
|2nd semester (1 year) (September-February)
|Less than 3 people
|Technische Universität Chemnitz
|Less than 5 people
We also offer exchange programs for English-speaking countries, Asian countries, and European countries other than Germany. For more information, please visit the website of the International Exchange Center.
Qualifications to apply as an exchange student
- Students who have completed at least 1 semester at the time of application (for transfer students, students who have completed at least 1 semester at Incheon National University)
- Students with an average GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Students with qualities and values to represent Incheon National University
- Students who will remain at Incheon National University for at least one semester after the end of the program.
- Foreign Language Proficiency
- University of Göttingen and Technical University of Chemnitz, Germany: Students with German language skills who can take regular classes
- Students who are physically healthy and have no disqualifications for traveling abroad
- Selection Criteria: Academic performance (100 points) Language proficiency (100 points) Interview (100 points)
- How to select: Document screening and interview (foreign language and interview)
Note to students
- Consider whether the exchange will interfere with graduation requirements (graduation credits, required courses, graduation certificates, thesis, etc.).
- Students on leave of absence are eligible to apply, but must remain enrolled in the university for the duration of the program. If you take a leave of absence, your exchange student status will be canceled, and you will not receive credits.
- Students cannot apply for more than one language (e.g., you cannot apply for a German exchange program and an American exchange program simultaneously).
- If there are no qualified applicants after the interview and screening process, we may not select any applicants.
- After the selection process, the successful student will be recommended to the foreign university, and the final dispatch may be canceled if there is a problem with the local situation of the foreign university or visa issuance.