Ministry of Education, Science and Technology Notification No. 2009-37 (Sept. 23, 2009.) Article 6, Paragraph 5 Education volunteer activities during teaching practice may include "assistant teachers" or "various volunteer activities" recognized by the head of a school or educational institution (facility) established under the Early Childhood Education Act, the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, the Higher Education Act, the Lifelong Education Act, etc. or by the head of a social education institution (facility) related to the major field of study, or "learning assistants for multicultural families" recognized by the head of a public institution. They shall be more than 30 hours per credit, but the university shall determine the detailed standards.
- 상기Based on the above, all students who wish to obtain a teacher's license from the first semester of 2009 must complete education volunteer activities (2 credits/60 hours) during their studies.
Institutions eligible for education volunteer activities
- Kindergartens (excluding daycare centers) established under Article 7 of the Early Childhood Education Act
- Elementary schools, middle schools, high schools, special schools, other schools, vocational schools, technical schools, industrial schools, and foreign schools under Article 2 of the Elementary & Middle and High School Education Act.
- Alternative schools are authorized as 'other schools' under Article 2 of the Elementary & Middle and High School Act.
- Schools established under other laws and regulations as schools under Article 2 of the Elementary & Middle and High School Act.
- Regular kindergartens and elementary, middle, and high schools from other countries: schools that can be notarized as regular schools by the embassy of the country or schools designated by foreign universities with which they have concluded credit exchanges.
- Learning tutoring and mentoring activities such as study helpers for multicultural families, night school, and children from low-income families recognized by the head of a public organization for non-profit purposes.
Criteria for Recognizing Education Volunteer Activities
- Educational volunteer activities must be completed for 30 hours (1 credit) or 60 hours or more (2 credits) in each of the following categories, as recognized by the educational volunteer organization in "2" above.
- Recognition Criteria: Teaching assistant or participatory observation, tutoring underperforming students, after-school tutoring, mentoring, transportation to and from school.
- In principle, the student will select the school for the education volunteer activity, and the type of school for the education volunteer activity does not have to be the same as the teacher certification to be obtained.
Prerequisite: Providing university students' knowledge in an educational way to elementary, middle, high school, and adult students (not available for administrative support).
- 2 credits will be given for education volunteer activities. No grades will be given for the no-test teacher certification examination. (P/F)
- Students must sign up for the course during the registration period in the 4th year and submit the 'Education Volunteer Activity Confirmation Form' at the beginning of the 4th year.
Education Volunteer Program Procedures
- Enrollment in education volunteer course
- When to apply: Submit the
(Form 1) between the 1st semester of the 1st year and the 1st semester of the 4th year.
- How to apply: Choose a school (institution, organization) and period of time for education volunteer activities and submit it directly to your department office.
- When to apply: Submit the
- Submit the
- When to submit: Between 1st semester of 1st year - 2nd semester of 4th year
- How to submit: Complete at least 60 hours of education volunteer activities within the period at the school (institution, organization) where you received consent to apply for education volunteer activities. After receiving the
in Form 2, submit it during the submission period at the beginning of the 4th.
- Course Application for Educational Volunteer Activities
- Application period: 4th year course registration period
- How to apply: Students must apply for the course through the website during the registration period.
- If you do not apply for the course, your grades will not be recognized, and you will not be eligible for teacher certification.