What is an exchange student?
- A program that allows students to study for a certain period of time (one semester or one year) at a foreign university that has signed an exchange agreement with the Incheon National University and receive credits.
- Learn the country's language, culture, and more at your host university without taking a leave of absence.
- Tuition is not required at the host university (only Incheon National University tuition is charged).
What is a visiting student?
- Program to pay tuition and take classes at Incheon National University and a foreign university.
- Acquire language, culture, and more at a foreign university without taking a leave of absence and receive the same academic credit at your home university as an exchange student.
Students can apply and be sent even with fewer language skills than exchange students.
- Discounted tuition for foreign universities (in-state tuition) and additional support from Incheon National University
Benefits of being an exchange (visiting) student
- Experience a broad and diverse academic world by taking courses at advanced foreign universities.
- An excellent opportunity to learn a foreign language and earn credit without taking a leave of absence.
- Opportunities to experience foreign cultures and customs.
Number of participants and Dispatching period
Estimated annual number of participants
- China, Taiwan: Around 60 people
- US, UK, Canada: Around 70 people
- Europe, Latin America: Around 80 people
- Japan: Around 60 people
- Southeast Asia: Around 5 people
The number of participants per year may change depending on the circumstances of the sister university.
For the exact number of participants per semester, please check the selection announcement at the beginning of the semester.
- Dispatch period: Every semester (March, September)
- Both universities will conduct reciprocal student exchanges at the four-year university level or equivalent, with mutual recognition of credits earned and issuance of transcripts.
- Acceptable within the range of each semester's credits, but usually 12~15 credits per semester when studying at a foreign university.
- If you want the credits to be recognized as a major, it is possible with the department chair's consent; if it is not a major, it is possible as a general option.
- Completed at least two semesters at the time of Dispatching.
※ Transfer students must have completed at least one semester at Incheon National University.
- Over GPA 2.5
- Students with the character and ability to represent Incheon National University abroad.
- Students who remain at Incheon National University for at least one semester after the dispatching duration ends.
※ If you are taking your 8th semester at a foreign university, you must submit a Certificate of prospective graduation before your dispatch, and you must take at least one semester (9th semester) at Incheon National University after your dispatch ends. Unable to take a leave of absence
- Students with permission from their academic department (department, major)
※ Department (division) chair or advisor verification is required on the exchange student application.
- Students with specific language skills required by their intended university
- Students of the School of Northeast Asian International Trade and Logistics are restricted from applying to some countries (e.g., Japanese students cannot apply to Japanese-speaking countries).
- 1 application form (with photo)
- foreign language transcript (for applicants)
- March, September every year
- Academic performance (100 points), language interview assessment (100 points), and personality and character assessment (100 points) are combined (out of 300 points) and selected in order of highest scores.
Notes for applicants
- Please consider if the exchange student will impact graduation requirements (e.g., graduation credits, required courses, graduation certificates, thesis, practicum, etc.).
- Students on a break can apply but must be enrolled in the university and maintain their student status for the duration of the program.
- No duplicates allowed
- If there are no qualified candidates, we may not select any candidates.
- Students who pass the selection process will be recommended to the foreign university, and the final dispatch may be canceled if there are any obstacles in the local situation of the foreign university and visa issuance.
- We don't return submitted documents.