The Dept. of Fashion Industry is working actively to operate a future oriented curriculum which is aimed to foster fashion professionals with proactive mind and behavior along with the global competitiveness in this fast changing specialized information oriented society.
Our curriculum incorporates the nurturing of knowledge and practice required in the diverse areas of fashion industry such as fabrication planning, design, production, marketing, and consumer aspect.
Specific study areas in the Department of Fashion Industry include the following.
- fiber & textile science: science and care of fibers, yarns, fabrics, and finishes
- clothing construction: clothes making from the study of body to patterning and sewing
- fashion design: apparel and accessories design and presentation
- fashion marketing: sales and promotion of apparel products to the consumers
- fashion history & culture: study of Korean traditional clothing and western costume
Students can either make themselves versatile by taking variety of courses from different study areas or specialize themselves by following specific track of courses depending upon the desired career after graduation.