5 specialization projects to sharpen the competitive edge in the new era
INU is implementing specialization projects in detail to lead the future for the development
in the academic and technological fields of the university, as well as for the community.
- Pave a road for the international exchange [International commerce and trade,
○ Expanding the School of International Trade
INU expands the School of Northeast Asian Studies (SONAS) and develops new majors including major of India commerce and trade.
INU will stabilize the specialization in the international commerce and trade by 2020
○ Newly opening the School of Logistics
INU newly opens the School of Logistics and expands the Graduate School of Logistics.
Also, INU attracts logistics companies and research institutes and expands the international
network to facilitate the exchange and lead the logistics and trade in Northeast Asia
- Reborn as a global marine city [Urban science]
○ Establishing the Institute for Urban Sciences
INU already opened and has operated the College of Urban Science since 2010.
The university adds the Institute for Urban Sciences and the Graduate School of Urban Science
for vigorous studies
○ Strengthening research activities in the fields of marine science and engineering
INU strengthens the studies in the fields of marine science and engineering by collaborating
world-renowned colleges of marine science and research institutes.
This fully supports Incheon to become a world-class city and marine city at the global level
- Form the Asian network [Local humanities]
○ Nationwide and Asian network
INU secures specialists in the Institute of Incheon Studies. The local studies have a goal to
establish the national and Asian networks
○ China network
INU develops the Institute of China Studies and the Confucius Institute further. Also, INU
establishes the China network for various researchers in the China studies to upgrade its status
as an origin of the China studies
- Lead the industry–university cooperation in the cutting-edge fields
[Intelligence convergence system]
○ Specializing the inter-disciplinary convergence
INU specializes the inter-disciplinary convergence between the ICT and the engineering fields.
Also, INU forms the University Specialization Projects and cooperates with the Leaders
in Industry–University Cooperation to strengthen the specialization education further
○ Newly opening the Graduate School of Convergence Science and Technology
INU newly opens and operates the Graduate School of Convergence Science and Technology.
In addition, the school leads the industry–university cooperation in the cutting-edge industries
through researches, development and technology transfer of world-class converged technologies
- Leap to the global level [BNT-based life science]
○ Establishing the College of Life Sciences
INU established the College of Life Sciences in 2011. In addition, the establishment leads
the university to become a key player in the field of the BNT-based life science at the global level
through specific industry–university cooperation including co-researches with the bio research